Re: spamass-milter and RHEL 2.1?

From: R. Steven Rainwater
Subject: Re: spamass-milter and RHEL 2.1?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:47:57 -0500

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 14:22, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> I wondered if anyone on the list has used spamass-milter
> on RHEL 2.1?

I had to get spamass-milter working on a Redhat 7.3 machine recently
that had the same problem. I found it was really easy to upgrade
sendmail using the 8.12.8 RPM from the DAG archive. They have RPMs for
rh6.2, 7.3 and rhel2.1.

The location of some of the config files and some default permissions
change slightly, so I backed up the config files, removed the stock
sendmail using rpm -e and then installed the DAG RPM. After tweaking the
config files, the new sendmail worked right away. It has milter support,
so adding spamass-milter was as easy as on a modern version of Redhat.

Here's the link to the DAG archive:

 http://dag.wieers.com/packages/sendmail/

-Steve