RE: SPAM wanted urgently!

From: Giles Coochey
Subject: RE: SPAM wanted urgently!
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:42:40 +0100

> Currently testing spamassasin on my new mail server.
>
> I need as much spam as possible sent to
> address@hidden to train it
> up.
>
> Please BOUNCE not forward!
>
> Most will not get through as spam filtration happens at our main
> university mailhubs, but please get through what you can so I
> can reduce
> our spam reception further.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Maccy

Your could put a couple of empty posts from that email address on usenet
or other public places that your users might leave their email
addresses.

Different senders of UBE, spam, etc... Get their email lists from
different sources and the spam that one organisation receives is
different from that of another.

Your best bet is to leave autolearn to do its thing, and get your users
to bounce spam emails to that address.

We don't bounce emails to anywhere other than the sender as a matter of
policy, otherwise spammers could use this as a technique for harvesting
yet more email addresses, which beats the object really.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments
transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and
confidential information intended solely for the use of
the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other
use of this message or its attachments, hyperlinks, or
any other files of any kind is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone (+44-1865-265500) or by
a reply to this electronic mail message and delete this
message and all copies and backups thereof.