Re: Using -b conflicts with -r

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: Using -b conflicts with -r
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 00:18:20 -0500

In the last episode (May 07), Todd Franklin said:
>  I think this is what is happening at least.
>
>  I have -r set 15
>  and I setup -b to go to address@hidden  so I can review the spams and
>  catch the good ones.
>
>  But when I sometimes do
>  tail -f /var/log/maillog
>
>  I will see as many as 5 or 10 of the same message go by very
>  quickly, and the review mailbox will have 10 copies of the message
>  saying it can't be delivered because it is spam.  Seems like some
>  sort of circular thing.

You probably need "-i 127.0.0.1" on your spamass-milter commandline.
When both -r and -b are in use, spamass-milter has to manually generate
the spambucket message (because the milter API doesn't let you both
reject and deliver the same message :) .  This means that you have to
make sure mail generated by localhost isn't re-scanned.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden