Re: Initial Installation Problems

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Initial Installation Problems
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:57:43 -0700

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Steve wrote:
> I could really use a little help in getting the milter up and running on
> Postfix 2.5.5 running on Ubuntu 8.10 server.

It's already packaged for Ubuntu,[1] so you might as well just install
the package. It contains instructions in
/usr/share/doc/spamass-milter/README.Debian on how to configure it for
use with postfix (though, at least in theory, besides the postfix
configuration it should work automatically.)

Don Armstrong

1: Actually, it's packaged for Debian (by me), and Ubuntu has just
picked it up in universe.
--
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot