Re: [Swarm-Support] intel mac swarm trouble

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] intel mac swarm trouble
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:51:49 +1000

Hi Brandon

On 15/09/2006, at 11:31 AM, Brandon M. Gabler wrote:
Here's the output from running trivial.c:

brandon-gablers-computer:~/Desktop StrayHawk$ gcc -E -o trivial.E trivial.c
trivial.c:1:2: error: invalid preprocessing directive #trivial
trivial.c:2:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory

Sorry about the error that should have been /* trivial.c */ on the first line. However, you are still not finding string.h. So your Xcode installation is broken. Your problem is nothing to do with Swarm.

Do you have a file /usr/include/string.h ? Did you you omit anything when installing Xcode? I would definitely recommend running the uninstall script and then reinstalling from scratch. /usr/include/string.h is in the DevSDK package ("Mac OS SDK" on the installer package list) which should be part of the default Xcode install. I generally install everything except WebObjects which I don't have any use for.

Bill