sysvinit-devel

Re: Add feature to inittab

From: Jesse Smith
Subject: Re: Add feature to inittab
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 16:29:22 -0400

> Hello,
> Happy new year!
> I send you my patch to add /etc/inttab.d support.
>
> The patch scan the /etc/inittab.d/ and read only the first line of *.tab
> files.
> Can you give me your feed-back about this patch.
>
> Didier.

Happy new year, Didier!

I looked over your patch and it seems fine to me. Now I suppose the next
step is to add a function to interpret lines from the
/etc/inittab.d/*.tab files. If you'd like to do that I'll test your
patch and get it applied.

One comment I'd like to make on the style of the patch is it makes code
easier for me to read if the closing braces have a commend letting me
know what block is being concluded. For example:

while (! done) {
   if (okay) {
     // do something
   }   /* end of if okay */
}  /* end of while not done */

It's certainly not a requirement, but it'll make it easier for me to
review the final patch when you're finished.

- Jesse