Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compile GNU TeXmacs using MXE

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compile GNU TeXmacs using MXE
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 06:16:40 +0800

I've successfully built GNU TeXmacs on debian sid, Ubuntu 18.04(WSL), Ubuntu 20.04 (WSL).

See:

Debian sid: http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/build-texmacs-use-mxe-on-debian-sid/315
Ubuntu 18.04 (WSL on Windows 10): https://www.douban.com/group/topic/208274686/

The latter one is in Chinese. If you can not wait to build TeXmacs on Windows, just follow the command in the post.

Currently, I'm using MXE to build TeXmacs but not package TeXmacs. I need more time to produce a nice TeXmacs installer with other essential binaries like (gs/wget/huspell) .

I will create a PR to https://github.com/texmacs/notes  on How to build GNU TeXmacs on Windows 10 using WSL Ubuntu 18.04 and MXE later.

---- On Sun, 2020-10-25 01:39:07 Darcy Shen via Texmacs-dev <texmacs-dev@gnu.org> wrote ----

mgubi mentioned about MXE before:

Recently, I successfully make TeXmacs compile using CMake and MXE. The resulting texmacs.bin.exe works fine on Windows.

And I just committed the related code (SVN r13014):

I will try to package the upcoming GNU TeXmacs v1.99.14 using MXE and CMake, and document about the steps.