Re: [therion-users] TeX paths

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [therion-users] TeX paths
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:24:53 +0100 (BST)

On Thu 10 Apr, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> > This probably works on nearly all Linux systems. We may need to use
> > explicit paths on some other unix systems?
>
> I've just installed TexLive distribution on my Linux, and it installed it
> self to /usr/TeX/ directory ;-) Also on Win32 and MacOSX there are a lot of
> different TeX distributions...

Hmm, that does make it sound like keeping the files in */share/lib/therion
and using an explicit path makes sense.

An alternative approach is to use configure and the autotools - they set
out to solve exactly this sort of problem (which paths things are installed
on) for packages distributed as source.

And as a bonus the Debian stuff will automagically work as well.

Wookey