[therion-users] New version of therion

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: [therion-users] New version of therion
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:05:07 +0200

Hello everybody,

this morning I've uploaded new version of therion to our web-site. Thanks to Wookey, we've also man pages for therion and xtherion (we've slightly modified them) and also documentation has been changed according to his proposals (and should be up to date now).

I've studied also the makeconvert.pl script changes, that Wookey did in his Debian distribution, and it seems to me, that we've not understood correctly. The projection stays in export command, but is inserted via option.

E.g. if you want to export map of extended profile, you enter into thconfig file:

export map -proj extended

(previosly it has been "export map extended").

The other thing for Debian distribution - at least at man pages is written, that therion tex and mpost macros are installed into /usr/share/texmf/... directory. But from version 0.2.13, therion don't need these macros! They're compiled in therion executable - so no additional tex or metapost configuration is needed! If you will remove them - nothing will happen and therion continue to work.

I hope, you understood what I have written :)

The last point, if somebody is interested about future therion developement, we would like to add to therion following features:

1. Automatically generated graphical scale, north arrow, title, authors and legend should be added to map and atlas by default. User will have possibility to modify them.

2. The modification of symbol set by user. It will be done via layout.

3. The therion tutorial - we're now working on some documents, that will make first steps in therion much more easy, like it is now. Because a lot of people are asking us for them - at least here in Czechoslovakia.

4. 3D passage wall modeling.

Best regards, S.