Matchless Rx

From: St. Nell Clinic
Subject: Matchless Rx
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:23:25 -0800

Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure -- hooking up with fat, hairy girls. Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. When solving problems, dig at the roots instead of just hacking at the leaves. Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore to this day. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being. Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore to this day. The Babylon project was our last, best hope for peace. .. It failed. .. But in the year of the Shadow war it became something greater: our last, best hope .. for victory. The year is 2260, the place: Babylon 5.Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being. What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? No elected body is the country, we are the country. You and me. Us. It can only stay that way as long as we care to keep it so. Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a ... brain operation. Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being. Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light. When love is not madness, it is not love. Books are the shoes with which we tread the footsteps of great minds. Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. You can widen your life by yourself, but to deepen it you need a friend. Who so loves believes the impossible. Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are. A book may lie dormant for fifty years or for two thousand years in a forgotten corner of a library, only to reveal, upon being opened, the marvels or the abysses that it contains, or the line that seems to have been written for me alone. In this respect the writer is not different from any other human being: whatever we say or do can have far-reaching consequences. Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. The quality of the moment is more important than the number of our days. Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel. Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure -- hooking up with fat, hairy girls. If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be. The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn't get bigger or heavier. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel. All right, Brain, I don't like you and you don't like me -- so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. All right, Brain, I don't like you and you don't like me -- so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol. Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. The best proof of love is trust. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy. The Babylon project was our last, best hope for peace. .. It failed. .. But in the year of the Shadow war it became something greater: our last, best hope .. for victory. The year is 2260, the place: Babylon 5.Compassion alone stands apart from the continuous traffic between good and evil proceeding within us. Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure -- hooking up with fat, hairy girls. Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man. What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. The great thing about television is that if something important happens anywhere in the world, day or night, you can always change the channel. A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years. Drinking provides a beautiful excuse to pursue the one activity that truly gives me pleasure -- hooking up with fat, hairy girls. No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand You can widen your life by yourself, but to deepen it you need a friend. Each encounter that becomes a friendship turns into a lifeline. One can never have too many, only too many to properly take care of. If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact. The best proof of love is trust. If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users? It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man. Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. Take away love and our earth is a tomb. What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol. I would like to believe when I die that I have given myself away like a tree that sows seed every spring and never counts the loss, because it is not loss, it is adding to future life. It is the tree's way of being. Strongly rooted perhaps, but spilling out its treasure on the wind. The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well. Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks Love takes up where knowledge leaves off. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. I would like to believe when I die that I have given myself away like a tree that sows seed every spring and never counts the loss, because it is not loss, it is adding to future life. It is the tree's way of being. Strongly rooted perhaps, but spilling out its treasure on the wind.