Re: [Therion] Symbolic links.

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Therion] Symbolic links.
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 07:20:30 -0400

I'm having trouble figuring out why you need a symbolic link .....

Our survey data is stored something like this

./cavename  contains svx files
./cavename/notes  scans of notes
./cavename/segments  scraps cut from notes

Here I am a little unsure what the other Philip has done
./cavename/therion  contains files for therion

I believe that the other Philip's problem is that therion does not like it when you refer to scraps like this ../segment/file.png, but I am not 100% certain of this. So he creates a symbolic link to work around the original problem.

Philip

Stacho Mudrak wrote:
We would like to keep files portable. If they will refer to images outside
current folder, you can not simply pack the folder you want to modify, but you
need to pack all the time entire project. Then it is also difficult to split
the work between more people.

If you do not like having same images on two places, you can simply use symbolic
links on unix-like systems.

S.

Quoting Philip Schuchardt <address@hidden>:

When I want to insert a new image I get an error message.  Why can't therion
open images that follow a symbolic link?

notes -> ../../notes

Error Message:
Picture

/home/blitz/documents/clubs/caving/survey/wolf/ElvisGrotto3/notes/trip007-FX1-FX7-0002.png

not in file
path /home/blitz/documents/clubs/survey/wolf/ElvisGrotto3/therion/th2

Philip Schuchardt