[Therion] (no subject)

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: [Therion] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:53:13 +0200

> Hello there,
>
> this is my first mailing so let me introduce shortly: I am Stefan, caver
> from the cavers club "Hoehlenbaeren", Graz, Austria,

Welcome to the mailing list :)

> We are now digitalizing old plans, is there any way to generally show all
> stations?  (old plans -> no newly measured stations)

I assume, you have all your centerline in the therion and there are some
scraps, that are shown in the map. And you would like to display those
scraps with entire centerline also. Correct?

It is a little bit tricky now, but it is be possible. We would like to
simplify it later, because this is quite common problem.

So you need to do following:
1. Create a map, that contain all surveys you have. Example

survey entire-area

   survey cave1
   ... your cave1 data...
   endsurvey

   survey cave2
   ... your cave2 data...
   endsurvey

   map centerline-map
     cave1
     cave2
   endmap

endsurvey

2. Now your thconfig can look like this:

select address@hidden
export map

and it should work. But...

a. You can not define map outside the survey - so if you have too many
surveys in "entire-area" survey, it is a pain to write them down. We
would like to change this, but it needs a lot of work.

b. You need to have a map structure - if you do not have it (and you
have only scraps), you will need to put all the scraps to the maps
(again a lot of work).

... so therion needs to be changed for this. Tomorrow, I will think
about it. If you (or others) have some idea, what would be the best,
please let us know.

S.