Re: [Therion] Slope symbol needed

From: Jenny Black
Subject: Re: [Therion] Slope symbol needed
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:30:02 +0100 (BST)

>I thought, you have already changed at least some of these symbols
>(see Jenny's map of Eislufthohle
>http://cucc.survex.com/expo/plateau/76/76_final_col_small.png).

I kind of cheated to do this, I noticed that the BCRA slope symbol is
similar to the UIS entrance arrow symbol.  I also noticed that the BCRA
clay symbol is the same as the UIS flowstone symbol.  So as the cave i
was drawing had no flowstone, but some clay (and I didn't mind not
being able to use the UIS entrance arrow symbol), Olly helped me to add
the following to the thconfig file:

code metapost
  let p_gradient = p_entrance_UIS;
  let p_clay = p_flowstone_UIS;

which successfully worked for the point symbols anyway.  Presmambly it
wouldn't be too hard to get therion to have an option for BCRA symbols,
as many of them already exist, although sometimes for different things.

Thanks,
Jenny