Re: [Therion] Tex memory exceeded

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Tex memory exceeded
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 04:56:46 +0000

On 2007-01-02 14:23 +0100, Martin Budaj wrote:

> > > yes, if   address@hidden and others are maps, not surveys
> >
> > they are yes.
>
> are you sure that they are known to therion? in case of unexisting
> maps therion issues just the warning "survey not fond" in the log
> file.

Pretty sure. I have processed terikan_only.th hundreds of times. It
was selecting the above maps. I do have the above problem at the
benarat level of the data, but not at the terikan level.

> i selected
> select address@hidden
> and got a pdf file without problems

This is at the top level thconfig file?

Interesting - I can do that OK too, until right at the end where it is
'writing MuluWalls.3d' and I get a segfault.

> > > right, but therion changed from 0.3.10 to 0.4.0 -- the automatic
> > > generation of scrap with all centreline data is a new feature
> >
> > OK. But this dataset was being processed quite happily with 0.4.0,
> > until I added some more cross sections (and some areas). It seems that
> > either one of these changes made something genuinely too big, or there
> > was some error introduced which is making tex run out of memory.
>
> randomised areas can produce quite large amount of data, especially
> sand and debris.
>
> if you upload the recent dataset to your server, i might check where
> the problem is

It is in svn at svn://wookware.org/mulusurvery
I think martins has told you the password, or I can send you mail.

I have now turned up my TeX memory to 2000000 and it all processes
fine.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/