Re: [Therion] Hidroniveler data input

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: [Therion] Hidroniveler data input
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:53:52 +0100

I think a "hidroniveler" must be a barometer in English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barometer

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 08:47:43AM +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> I am not sure, whether it will work, but you may add additional duplicate shot
> between stations 0 and 20 with this exact depth. The problem is, that you need
> to enter also horizontal component of this shot (means compass reading or
> dx+dy).
>
> I think, the best way is to set large standard deviation for clino to your
> shots
> (using SD command) and then add additional "cartesian" shot from 0 to 20 with
> large SD for DX and DY and small SD for DZ example:

This is currently the best you can really do, but it's certainly not
ideal.

There ought to be a way to represent survey information which only
establishes a vertical relationship between two stations.  Similarly
for purely horizontal information - for example, some GPS units don't
store the altitude of waypoints.  This has actually been on the Survex
TODO list for ages, but the focus has generally been on features which
users actually want and I think you're the first person to actually ask
about it!

Cheers,
    Olly