Re: [Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format

From: Juergen Bohnert
Subject: Re: [Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:03:49 +0200

Hi Martin,

yes, that is probably the way to do it!

My example cave had a length of 860 m and that didn't give any
problems although I used several layers.

I wonder what the practical length limit per scrap really is, since
you recommended rather small values of ~100 m in the manual.
However, that would be very cumbersome in terms of reverse engineering
of vector maps, unless this process is fully automatic.

Now, I am currently in the process of reverse engineering a larger
cave map (total length ~ 3 km) and will probably break it up into 3
pieces.
The conversion of the first section (~ 1 km) gave no problems, so far.

First I wanted to do it in one go, but ran into problems with
Inkscape, which crashed upon extracting line data. I found out that
the practical svg size limit of a very detailed cave map is probably
in the 2 km range (at least on my computer).

It would be very practical if there was a very fast way of subdividing
large scraps into smaller ones by simply selecting parts of the th2
map with the mouse and moving it to another scrap (like a grouping
action in a standard vector graphic software). Do you think that could
be implemented?
The problems is that at this point you can only select single lines
one by one....

Regards,

Juergen