Re: [Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Converting SVG files to Therion th2 format
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:57:06 +0200

I am sorry for the late answer, and also that I was also working on
SVG/DXF import (File->Import...) and I did not let you know (I just
wrote small item in CHANGES file)...

But I believe, that with your python script, you will have much more
flexibility and control.

Juergen Bohnert wrote:
> I wonder what the practical length limit per scrap really is, since
> you recommended rather small values of ~100 m in the manual.

This limit is due to metapost figure limit size - it has to be within 1m
or so. So you can draw up to 200m scrap in 1:200 scale - otherwise
metapost will end with error.

> It would be very practical if there was a very fast way of subdividing
> large scraps into smaller ones by simply selecting parts of the th2
> map with the mouse and moving it to another scrap (like a grouping
> action in a standard vector graphic software). Do you think that could
> be implemented?

It is a long time in the TODO list. OK, I can start working on it. I
imagine this like that:

1. you activate multi-select mode
2. you select object by clicking on them with mouse
3. you select objects by selecting rectangular areas on screen
4. then you will be able to:
    + move those objects to another scrap
    + move them to front/back in current scrap
    + change type for those objects

Any other ides?

Regards, S.