Re: [Therion] Scraps won't become maps (New User)

From: Brewer Family
Subject: Re: [Therion] Scraps won't become maps (New User)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 22:32:00 +1300

duurh?

michael
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:10 PM
Subject: [Therion] Scraps won't become maps (New User)

Hi, newbie Therion user excited by the prospect of electronic maps…

My first steps have been successful, but I’ve got stuck.  I’m using Windows XP and Xtherion 0.5.1

I can produce centreline plots of single or multiple surveys from multiple *.th and thconfig files in multiple directories to *.pdf, *.xvi and *.lox files.  That much I seem to understand.

I can scan *.jpg images of my surveys and trace them to produce *.th2 files that look fine both in the map editor and the text editor.  I think I understand how this works, it seems easy enough.

When I place the following in my surveyN.th file,

   input RBMtestplan.th2

   map m_plan_ent   -title "Map plan entrance"

    scrap1

   endmap

and the following in thconfig…

source surveyN.th

select address@hidden

… I get one of two results; a) a line plot that ignores the scrap and produces only a centreline as if the scrap did not exist, or b) an error; Mostly I get the error; viz

“D:\Program Files\Therion\therion.exe: error -- RBMtestplan.th2 [7] -- invalid length reading -- -scale”

(Sometimes the error is -- invalid length reading -- -projection)

And the offending line is;

  scrap scrap1 -projection plan -scale [-128 -1296 880 128 0.0 0.0 25.60 0.0 meters]

This “seems” to follow the required syntax, and is generated automatically by the map editor.

The samples I downloaded work fine, and I can not see my trial differs materially.

Both results are unsatisfactory.  I would like a drawing of the cave.

I suspect I may not be scaling the sketched survey stations to the centreline survey stations correctly(?)

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?

Any suggestions how I can go about debugging the problem?

Thanks

Bruce Mutton