Re: [Therion] Printing xvi maps (done with pdf's)

From: Bruce Mutton
Subject: Re: [Therion] Printing xvi maps (done with pdf's)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:37:47 +1300

Ben Cooper wrote...
"...I then create passage-name.th2, insert th XVI, insert station points
over the centreline, and draw the walls over the LRUD with reference to any
sketches we have produced.  It's that simple."

Thanks Ben
Appreciate the explanation.  The way I have been working is pretty much the
same as what you describe, and apart from some confusion over the difference
between 'input' and 'source' commands, and LRUD data, it's been fairly
straight forward and successful.

Ladislav's reminder is helpful.  On reading the Therion Book I am not clear
on which station the LRUP data is supposed to apply to if only one set of
the number pair is provided?

Anyway Ben.  Your explanation stops short of the point where my difficulty
begins.  So once the scraps are produced, I'd like them to turn up in the
output files, pdfs, for example, so that our centreline plots become
cartographed maps as we progress through the drawing process.  I am sure
there is a simple misunderstanding I have that is tripping me up.  There
seems to be quite a good explanation at
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tbe:wiki3 but Therion keeps coming
up with errors.

Maybe I should try replicating exactly the example from the Wiki, or spend
some more time with the 'rabbit cave' example that comes with Therion...
Bruce