[Therion] Introduction and question about join-syntax

From: Christian Rößler (Roessler)
Subject: [Therion] Introduction and question about join-syntax
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:14:37 +0100

Good day,

first let me introduce myself, perhaps: I am (of course) new to the Therion
list. Well, I am from southern germany, the black forest, to be exact; and I
am primarily interested in abandoned mines, not in caves. So I went on the
search for a capable map-making software, found Therion and started with it -
please bear with my as I am posting surely some stupid beginner's mistakes.

Very nice software, Therion, by the way; and many thanks to the developers.

But I have some problems. We are used to make lrud data when surveying mines,
so I am bound to lrud (left-right-up-down I mean). I have come as far as
mapping a single centerline successfully, but when I try to join two
centerlines at the appropriate point I am stuck. I have tried al lot of
possible join-syntaxes, so I fear my error lies perhaps deeper.

I always get:
| therion: error -- can not connect address@hidden to centerline
| network

I have a master file [eisenbach_hotel.thconfig] with just one line in it:
| source eisenbach_hotel.th

[eisenbach_hotel.th] reads:
| survey Eisenbach -title "Hotelstollen Eisenbach Intervall 1"
| input eisenbach_hotel_intervall_1.th
| input eisenbach_hotel_intervall_2.th
| join address@hidden address@hidden:end
| #join address@hidden address@hidden
| endsurvey

If I out-comment one input line, no matter which,  and insert an appropriate
line with export in other place man I can successfully generate a background
image for both after compiling, so I think the two data sets are ok. I have
inserted these two sets below.

Please, can anyone give me a functioning join line, or, if the error lies
elsewhere, point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
Christian

The tho data sets: