[Therion] Bens Upper Flood Example

From: Bruce Mutton
Subject: [Therion] Bens Upper Flood Example
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:23:45 +1300

Ben
Have just started dissecting your UpperFlood.th example.

Very nicely documented.  I assume it is what is described in 'the book' and
the wiki as an INDEX file, tying together the various survey and scrap files
for a single cave, prior to processing with a thconfig file.

Order of Commands
I notice the centreline block of code with equate commands comes BEFORE the
input commands.  This implies that sequence of commands is often unimportant
in Therion?  (Logically the equate commands can not be actioned until AFTER
the input commands which parse the survey stations 'to Therion')

Similarly your map components come after the top level map definitions.

Or am I missing something?

Grid & Legend
I'm intrigued by the grid and legend input and map definitions.  Have you
done something more refined than that generated with the thconfig export
command?

Location of Maps
Do you create all of your maps in the INDEX file, or are some defined in the
lower hierarchal level survey.th files?  My experiments so far have put my
single (unsuccessful) map definition in the lowest level survey.th file (to
keep it as close to it's source data as possible - and perhaps simplify my
INDEX file)  Does this make a difference? Perhaps it is my mistake?

Elevations
Completely irrelevant to bens example.  But I just figured out why I could
not get projected elevations to work.
The syntax, complete with square brackets is;

export map   -projection [elevation 60 deg] -output cave.pdf

(I was assuming the brackets denoted optional arguments, and so I was
leaving them out!)

Bruce