Re: [Therion] Patch for wx2.8 and 64-bit issues

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] Patch for wx2.8 and 64-bit issues
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:15:16 +0100

Quoting "Christian Rößler (Roessler)" <address@hidden>:
> > As far as I know - all patches from the mailing list have been applied.
> I am a bit confused: I tried the one from
> <http://therion.speleo.sk/download.php>, which says
> <http://therion.speleo.sk/downloads/therion-0.5.1.tar.gz>. Is this not the
> one I should upgrade to?

No - please note last two lines (with small letters) - where link to
developement snapshot is:

"Developer's snapshot as of 2007-11-14 for testing purposes."

Where 2007-11-14 is the link to the latest source package:
http://therion.speleo.sk/downloads/therion-20071114.tar.bz2

> ...and I wonder about the 'ld: skipping incompatible'.

Hmmm, it looks there are two problems:

1. -lpng12 can not be found? This I do not understand - you should check whether
this library is inside /usr/lib or not.

2. It seems, there is a conflict between -lvtkpng and -lpng12. As far as I know
- these are the same (libvtkpng is libpng shipped with VTK). I would try to
delete -lvtkpng from Makefile - because -lpng12 is there due to wx-config I
think.

But probably most clean solution would be to uninstall VTK from /usr/local and
install VTK from SuSe RPM packages. And then use make config-debian. At least
it works also on my Mandriva linux, which is also RPM based.

S.