[Therion] Scaling text and text orientation

From: Bruce Mutton
Subject: [Therion] Scaling text and text orientation
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:47:49 +1300

As with most drawing packages, it seems that one needs to have the final presentation scale in mind when placing text labels within scraps.  Change the output scale up or down, and the labels either move very far away from the drawing, or overlap and over power the drawing.  This is a shame because most of the other features are fairly scale independent.  I can use the scale and basescale commands, and <left> and <br> etc to counteract this to some extent.

Is there a way to place a text label, say ON a pitch line, and tell therion, label this pitch “10 P” and left justify the text it out to the right-hand side, just beyond the displayed passage wall, so that it always displays just clear of the drawing?

Also I notice that text with orientation 0 degrees prints at an angle equal to the declination, which is 22 degrees here abouts these days.  Is there a better way to straighten the text than give it all an orientation of 338 degrees to compensate?

If I want to present two maps, say one at 1:500 scale, and one at 1:2000 scale, I would want many labels on the former and few labels on the latter.  Can this be done with one set of scraps, or would I have to create duplicates and adjust the labels in one of the sets?

Again, thank you for your patience

Bruce