[Therion] Spikes and shadow passage in Loch output

From: Stelios Zacharias
Subject: [Therion] Spikes and shadow passage in Loch output
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:00:27 +0200

Dear all,

I have some artefacts appearing in my loch output of a cave I am working on. I have attached the lox file zipped.

The cave is split into two scraps, although I do not think this is causing the problem. The first difficulty is the appearance of a shadow passage, in the south and west of the diagram. The passage should be in the blue zone for depth, but there is a high echo and a sloping line unconnected to either the high echo or the actual passage. The scrap border is at the meeting point of the three.

The other problem concerns spikes either upwards or downwards which appear usually in chambers. Two examples of this might be seen at the far eastern end of the survey.

If the .th and .th2 files are needed for investigation, I would be happy to send them.

I look forward to any hints that might be shared.

Thanks,
Stelios Zacharias

Stelios Zacharias
SELAS Caving Club