Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly

From: Ivo van Poorten
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 18:25:29 +0200

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:24:16 +0200 "Christian Jullien"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> IMHO gcc compatibility (or VC++ on Windows) should be a goal for tcc.
> We are many to use tcc for its fast development cycle but gcc/vc
> remains the only choice for release.

clang/llvm. gcc is on its way out IMHO. Apple uses clang extensively
for both macOS and iOS.  It's the default compiler. And the Android
Linux kernel already builds with clang and soon vanilla will, too.
There are distro's almost fully build with clang already. Seems to work
on Windows, too (not a windows user myself). Not to mention the code
quality of clang/llvm vs gcc :)

Ivo