Re: [Tinycc-devel] ANSI C refers to which standard , C89 or C99?

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] ANSI C refers to which standard , C89 or C99?
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 00:30:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Paul Jiao wrote:

TinyCC claims it fully supports ANSI C, does it mean the first
standard from ANSI for C language:  ANSI X3 ?  which was referred as C89
from wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_C
     I know TinyCC does not fully support ISO C99.

     Please help clarify.

At the time that line in the documentation was written Fabrice meant really ANSI C, aka C89 aka ISO C90.

But as you know TCC also supports some C99 and some C11 and many GNU C (and some MS) extensions. I would say we strive for conformance as long as it doesn't stand in the way of other goals like size and compilation speed.

Ciao,
Michael.