Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] match formats and arguments exactly
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 01:07:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019, Pascal Cuoq wrote:

If no-one objects, I will push in a few days the following patch,

I don't object, but have a request: can you explore if changing the type of the respective variable, instead of adding casts, is equivalent? Especially the changes in parse_escape_string look as if that's possible. (I consider such type change only better than casts, if the former doesn't cause further casts elsewhere, of course).

Ciao,
Michael.