Wherefore art thou multi-hop?

From: Kirk Strauser
Subject: Wherefore art thou multi-hop?
Date: 22 Jul 2002 13:32:28 -0500

Is multi-hop known to work?  I'm using Tramp v2.88 (from Debian-testing),
but seem to have the exact same problem with Tramp v2.95 (FreeBSD-STABLE).
For example, I want to edit files as root on 'vserver2', but cannot directly
ssh in as root.  I'm fairly sure that this is the correct format for such a
path:

  /[multi/ssh:address@hidden/su:address@hidden/root

The SSH hop works well, but the su never seems to happen, and I can't access
root's mode 600 files.

What am I doing wrong?  Alternatively, what debugging information can I
provide?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/