FW: tests with the latest version from cvs on w2k with cygwin -- same on

From: Thomas Haselberger
Subject: FW: tests with the latest version from cvs on w2k with cygwin -- same on linux box
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:44:13 +0200

I tried the same procedure on a linux box with emacs-21.1.1 with the same
result.

there, I tried the ssh method, too:
# Waiting for remote `/bin/sh' to come up...done

$ echo ~root

/root
# Remote `/bin/sh' groks tilde expansion, good

# Finding command to check if file exists

$ ls -d / 2>/dev/null; echo tramp_exit_status $?

/
tramp_exit_status 0
$ ls -d /\ this\ file\ does\ not\ exist\  2>/dev/null; echo tramp_exit_status
$?
hello
with ssh2 method, I got a directory listing, but opening a file failed:
tramp: Finding true name for
`/ssh2:address@hidden:/opt/ucp/solutions/b2b/id_dsa.pub'
tramp: Check /opt
tramp-handle-file-attributes: Wrong type argument: listp, hello