Re: tramp (2.0.5); telnet method loops

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.5); telnet method loops
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:06:20 +0200

<address@hidden> writes:

> Here is the 'tramp/telnet' buffer showing that I am actually
> connected:

> Last login: Tue Jul 30 23:40:06 from foobar
> You have mail.
> $
> $

Tramp looks for a shell prompt, but it must be at the end of the
buffer.  You are showing an empty line at the end of the buffer, so
Tramp doesn't find the shell prompt.

To verify this, when this happens, please switch to the *tramp/foo*
buffer, go to the beginning of the buffer, and then type:

M-: (re-search-forward (concat shell-prompt-pattern "\\'")) RET

Is the shell prompt found?  I guess it isn't...

If this is actually the situation, we need to find out where the
extra line is coming from.

kai