Re: tramp 2.0.14: Why does de/encoding fail?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp 2.0.14: Why does de/encoding fail?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:42:09 +0200

"Tim Hermans" <address@hidden> writes:

> Don't worry, I didn't take offense.  I was being pedantic just to make a
> point.  I appreciate that Tramp insists on checking for itself.  I was just
> saying it shouldn't fail because of all that checking.

I think in your case it was right to fail :-)  Since you don't have a
working uuencode on your local machine, Tramp wouldn't have worked
anyway.

Can you make do with some workaround (install uuencode on your local
machine, or metamail or recode on the remote machine) for the time
being, or do you really need another solution?

Maybe I can cook up a working uuencode in Lisp without too much
work.  (Even though my last tries were rather unsuccessful.  But
those tries didn't use base64-encode-region, and using this function
seems to be promising.)

kai