Re: emacs tramp mailing list spammed

From: Michael Albinus
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:49:53 +0200

Leon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I can't help noticing that tramp mailing has > 90% of junk emails. Is
> there anything we can do to make it cleaner?

Skip mentioned already local spam filters. Other people use gmane.org
for reading the list; this reduces visible spam as well.

There are plans at gnu.org to improve spam filtering for the hosted

"There is some work on the mail infrastructure to provide a
 finer-grained control over the mail and better fight spam. But this
 is not yet (this is done internaly at the FSF). Meanwhile, you need
 to moderate by hand (you can control Mailman by replying to each
 moderation request mail notifications, if that can help)."

Changing tramp-devel into moderated status I've refused until now,
because I fear I can't spend enough time for this. But if there are
one or (better) two volunteers it is an option. If somebody is
interested supporting Tramp this way: please drop me a note.