Re: xemacs tramp - naive fix

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: xemacs tramp - naive fix
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:24:49 +0200

Peter Gordon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Peter,

> Then I looked at the log and it looks like there is much too much error
> processing. I am using scp with a certificate so I never get asked for a
> password, and I never get a reply when the file has been copied
> successfully. Maybe that is part of the issue. Response would be faster
> if success was assumed rather than failure.
>
> What is your opinion?

Tramp needs to check for possible errors; otherwise it couldn't
indicate it. Most of the checks have been added after users did
complain about situations a problem hasn't been detected.

But you might try Tramp 2.1. There are several optimizations, so in
general it performs better. And it has a new method "scpc", which
resuses existing ssh connections.

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist as XEmacs package (yet), so you would
need to take the tarball.