Re: vc-file-clearprops error on Win32

From: Kyle VanderBeek
Subject: Re: vc-file-clearprops error on Win32
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:51:57 -0700

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 11:00:33AM +0200, Michael Albinus wrote:
> The problem was reported already some months ago, see
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.tramp/6060>. Unfortunately, I
> haven't been able to find the cause of the problem. Let's try it again.
>
> My last suspicion back in February was that there is a problem in
> handling temporary files. Could you check it?
>
> It's also remarkable that the problem has been reported only for
> Win32. But I don't know yet what it means.
>
> If you cannot find something wrt to your temp directory, we would need
> more traces. I would like to see the Tramp trace buffer with trace level
> 8, see (info "(tramp)Traces and Profiles") about.

Just to be complete, I've verified via Explorer and Emacs that the
permissions on the Temp directory Tramp is using are relaxed enough to
allow me to read/write/delete files there.  Additionally, the files the
tramp is successfully pulling over the wire are read/write; I can open
them and edit them even after tramp aborts, and they are intact.

This doesn't appear to be a Windows filesystem (NTFS) or file
permissions problem.

--
address@hidden
  Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.