Re: tramp (2.0.52); Saving files changes ownership

From: Gilles Pion
Subject: Re: tramp (2.0.52); Saving files changes ownership
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

In fact *very* strange things are happening regarding file ownership when
accessed via tramp:

* inside shell session as user A on node N: "touch /tmp/zz"
* /tmp/zz owner is user A
* editing zz as root via tramp (/address@hidden:/tmp/zz)
* making changes
* save file
* file owner is now "root"
* backup file owner is now "A"

* editing new file as root via tramp on localhost
(/scp:address@hidden:/tmp/z  , using explicit method not do depend of
tramp-default-method-alist)
* making changes
* save file
* file owner is now uid under which emacs is running, not root as
expected!!!

--
Gilles