Re: double-prompt under Windows

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: double-prompt under Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:22:11 +0200

Christopher C.Stacy <address@hidden> writes:

> With tramp-discard-garbage set, there is no change
> to the failing `stty -echo` command,
> with or without -inlcr.

Honestly, I'm lost, without debugging. That's why it took a while to
answer; I did check it myself, again.

One solution could be to try Tramp 2.1; there are changes in the
internal communication, which should be more robust.

The other alternative is, that I debug it on your remote machine. But
even with this I cannot promise to fix it; I don't use the W32 Tramp
implementation by myself, and I could find the problem only if it isn't
W32-dependent.