Re: Asynchronous tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Asynchronous tramp
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:20:03 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I think this is probably unlikely.

Tramp implements primitive Lisp functions like `write-region' for the
remote host case. All these functions work synchronously, so does
Tramp's implementation.

> My connection is not fast so every time I do C-x C-s it takes quite a
> while before emacs can respond again. Is there a way to improve such a
> situation? Thank you.

One could try to write a new function, which saves a file
asynchronously, and which is bound to C-x C-s. However, this would raise
other problems, like race conditions in accessing the not completely
saved file.