Re: tramp (2.1.9);

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.1.9);
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:38:56 +0200

samir saidi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello team,

Hi,

> When I try to update and save the file using TRAMP I have this error
> in buffer zone:
> TZ=UTC: command not found
> export: command not found

It looks like the target machine does not run a bourne-shell compatible
shell. What is your default shell on the remote host? Which shell is
started by /bin/sh?

In the recent tramp.el code there is a comment, that the default shell
(ksh93) of OpenSolaris is buggy. The workaround is applied for SunOS
5.11. You seem to run SunOS 5.8 on your remote machine; maybe you need a
similar workaround?

Btw, Tramp 2.1.9 is pretty old; the recent version is Tramp 2.1.20.