Re: Accessing trace output

From: Eric Fowler
Subject: Re: Accessing trace output
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:50:36 -0800

So here is my .emacs:
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 )
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )

(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Users/Eric Fowler/Documents/.emacs.d/tramp/lisp")
(require 'tramp)
(require 'trace)
(setq tramp-verbose 8)
(setq tramp-debug-buffer t)
(setq tramp-default-method "ssh")

Ctl-X Ctl-F, then
/eric@<ip address>:/path/to/file/filename.txt <RET>

--->"Tramp:waiting for prompts from remote shell"

.bashrc is:
# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi

# User specific aliases and functions
case "$TERM" in
"dumb")
    PS1="> "
    ;;
xterm*|rxvt*|eterm*|screen*)
    # PS1="my fancy multi-line prompt > "
    ;;
*)
    PS1="> "
    ;;
esac
echo .BASHRC ran

Looks like a prompt problem at this point. But I don't see why this is not changing the prompt properly.

I want to know what TTY TRAMP is presenting to bash.

Eric