Re: tramp (2.2.9-24.4); larger files give "File exists, but cannot be re

From: Rob Newton
Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.9-24.4); larger files give "File exists, but cannot be read" message
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:56:19 +1000

Michael,
In the past I needed to do a similar thing, except I was trying to escape single and double quotes that could appear in arguments. It's hard because the local shell interprets them and then the remote shell does likewise. A lot of escaping was needed.

With this tramp situation, both my local and remote shells are bash. And they are fine with emacs 24.3, so some regression has crept in somewhere.

Thanks for looking into this Michael. I actually only started using tramp very recently, and am getting some good value from it already. Drop me a line when you have something for me to test.
-Rob