Tramp SUDO remote and localhost

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Tramp SUDO remote and localhost
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:07:25 -0600

I have the following in my config files:

(add-to-list 'tramp-default-proxies-alist
'(nil "\\`root\\'" "/ssh:%h:") ;; https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/981
))

This causes tramp (which I'm using through Helm) to let me sudo into any of the many remote servers I work with (assuming they have ssh keys configured). However, now I can't do find-file /sudo::<local_path> as it tries to ssh to localhost. Is there any way I can keep the over-weighing benefit of sudo remote hosts while also being able to sudo locally?

- Tory