uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] rd/wr fuse bits with stk500

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] rd/wr fuse bits with stk500
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:42:37 +0200 (CEST)

> The attached patch builds on the one I sent earlier today. I fixed up the
> WriteByte()/FlushWriteBuffer() the same as for ReadByte()/ReadMem(). In
> addition, this patch adds rd/wr functionality for fuse and lock bits using
> the stk500.

I have no way to test stk500 patches, but if they work fine for you,
by all means please go ahead and apply them.

> Should I add new command line options for reading/setting the fuse bits
> instead of having to go into terminal mode?

That would be nice (in general for all programmers, not just stk500).
More general "universal command" from command line would be nice too.
The chips may have some undocumented commands to play with, etc.

But, you don't have to go into terminal mode: you can also upload
a small hex/srec file (containing just the bytes that should be
changed) to the segment "fuse" (instead of flash/eeprom).

Marek