uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] uisp and mega8

From: Sarah Bergbreiter
Subject: [Uisp-dev] uisp and mega8
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:03:30 -0700

Hello,

I am using uisp in dapa mode to program my ATmega8L processor.
Everything programs fine, the interrupts all seem to work correctly,
etc.  However, I'd like to raise the clock speed above the 1MHz that it
comes programmed with and this involves programming the fuse bits.  So,
I do the following:
%uisp -dprog=dapa -dlpt=3 --wr_fuse_l=0xe3
pulse
Atmel ATmega8 is found
Fuse Low Byte set to 0xe3

%uisp - dprog=dapa -dlpt=3 --rd_fuses
pulse
Probably the AVR MCU is not in the RESET state
Check it out and run me again

I try doing a chip erase and I get the same reset state errors.
Occasionally it comes back saying it found a chip other than the ATmega8
(103-old, 8535, etc).  This chip now seems completely useless and I've
managed to kill a couple others this way too.

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong here or if something is
wrong with the uisp stuff for the mega8?  Thanks,

Sarah