uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] man page

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: [Uisp-dev] man page
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 10:20:18 -0700

Hello,

I'm the new Debian maintainer for uisp. I threw together a quick manpage for
uisp. It's mostly a reformated version of the output of --help, but I think it
would be useful to include in the source tarball. Thanks for the good work on
uisp!

Cheers,
Shaun

.TH UISP "1" "October 2002" "uisp version 20020626" "User Commands"
.SH NAME
uisp \- manual page for uisp
.SH SYNOPSIS
.B uisp
[\fIOPTION\fR]... \fI-dprog=TYPE\fR \fI-dpart=AT90XXX\fR \fI--FUNCTION\fR...
[\fIif=SOURCE\fR] [\fIof=DEST\fR]
.SH DESCRIPTION
.IP
.SS "Programming Methods:"
\fB\-dprog\fR=avr910|pavr|stk500
.RS
.TP
avr910
Standard Atmel Serial Programmer/Atmel Low Cost Programmer
.TP
pavr
http://avr.jpk.co.nz/pavr/pavr.html
.TP
stk500
Atmel STK500
.RE
.HP
\fB\-dprog\fR=dapa|stk200|abb|avrisp|bsd|fbprg|dt006|maxi|dasa|dasa2
.RS
.TP
dapa
Direct AVR Parallel Access
.TP
stk200
Parallel Starter Kit STK200, STK300
.TP
abb
Altera ByteBlasterMV Parallel Port Download Cable
.TP
avrisp
Atmel AVR ISP (?)
.TP
bsd
http://www.bsdhome.com/avrprog/ (parallel)
.TP
fbprg
http://ln.com.ua/~real/avreal/adapters.html (parallel)
.TP
dt006
http://www.dontronics.com/dt006.html (parallel)
.TP
maxi
Investment Technologies Maxi (parallel)
.TP
dasa
serial (RESET=RTS SCK=DTR MOSI=TXD MISO=CTS)
.TP
dasa2
serial (RESET=!TXD SCK=RTS MOSI=DTR MISO=CTS)
.RE
.SS "Parallel Device Settings:"
.TP
\fB\-dlpt\fR
specify device name (Linux ppdev, FreeBSD ppi, serial)
or direct I/O parallel port address (0x378, 0x278, 0x3BC)
.TP
\fB\-dno\-poll\fR
Program without data polling (a little slower)
.TP
\fB\-dno\-retry\fR
Disable retries of program enable command
.TP
\fB\-dvoltage\fR
Set timing specs according to the power supply voltage in [V]
(default 3.0)
.TP
\fB\-dt_sck\fR
Set minimum SCK high/low time in micro-seconds (default 5)
.TP
\fB\-dt_wd_flash\fR
Set FLASH maximum write delay time in micro-seconds
.TP
\fB\-dt_wd_eeprom\fR
Set EEPROM maximum write delay time in micro-seconds
.TP
\fB\-dt_reset\fR
Set reset inactive (high) time in micro-seconds
.TP
\fB\-dinvert\fR
Invert specified lines
Use \fB\-v\fR=\fI3\fR option to see current settings.
.SS "Atmel Low Cost Programmer Serial Device Settings:"
.TP
\fB\-dserial\fR
Set serial interface as /dev/ttyS* (default /dev/avr)
.TP
\fB\-dpart\fR
Set target abbreviated name or number
If \fB\-dpart\fR is not given programmer's supported devices
are listed. Set \fB\-dpart\fR=\fIauto\fR for auto-select.
.TP
\fB\-dspeed\fR
Set speed of the serial interface (default 19200)
.SS "Functions:"
.TP
\fB\-\-upload\fR
Upload "input_file" to the AVR memory.
.TP
\fB\-\-verify\fR
Verify "input_file" (processed after the \fB\-\-upload\fR opt.)
.TP
\fB\-\-download\fR
Download AVR memory to "output_file" or stdout.
.TP
\fB\-\-erase\fR
Erase device.
.TP
\fB\-\-segment\fR
Set active segment (auto-select for AVA Motorola output)
.SS "Fuse/Lock Bit Operations:"
.TP
\fB\-\-rd_fuses\fR
Read all fuses and print values to stdout
.TP
\fB\-\-wr_fuse_l\fR
Write fuse low byte
.TP
\fB\-\-wr_fuse_h\fR
Write fuse high byte
.TP
\fB\-\-wr_fuse_e\fR
Write fuse extended byte
.TP
\fB\-\-wr_lock\fR
Write lock bits. Argument is a byte where each bit is:
 Bit5 -> blb12
 Bit4 -> blb11
 Bit3 -> blb02
 Bit2 -> blb01
 Bit1 -> lb2
 Bit0 -> lb1
.TP
\fB\-\-lock\fR
Write lock bits [old method; deprecated].
.SS "Files:"
.TP
if
Input file for the \fB\-\-upload\fR and \fB\-\-verify\fR functions in
Motorola S-records (S1 or S2) or 16 bit Intel format
.TP
of
Output file for the \fB\-\-download\fR function in
Motorola S-records format, default is standard output
.SS "Other Options:"
.TP
\fB\-v\fR
Set verbose level (-v equals \fB\-v\fR=\fI2\fR, min/max: 0/3, default 1)
.TP
\fB\-\-hash\fR
Print hash (default is 32 bytes)
.TP
\fB\-\-help\fR \fB\-h\fR
Help
.TP
\fB\-\-version\fR
Print version information
.TP
\fB\-\-terminal\fR
Invoke shell-like terminal
.SH "AUTHOR"
Written by Uros Platise.
.SH "REPORTING BUGS"
Report bugs to <address@hidden>
.SH "SEE ALSO"
http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/uisp/
.SH "COPYRIGHT"
(c) 1997-1999 Uros Platise, 2000-2002 Marek Michalkiewicz
.PP
uisp is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License.
You are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
the conditions of the GNU General Public License.