uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp pre-release snapshot available
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

:) > Your patch has been in cvs for a long time now. It just isn't on the
:) > mainline, but is on it's own branch. Some of the functionality of your
:) > patch is already on the mainline, and some is still on it's branch.
:) > What remains is handling fuse and lock bits via hi-v parallel
:) > programming on the stk500 (already noted in the TODO file).
:) >
:) > I already started working on those features and the changes became too
:) > intrusive, so I decided to defer them to the next release. I already
:) > have a large patch in the works, but it's not complete and I need to
:) > split it up into smaller patches when I start committing it.
:)
:) OK, have you a schedule for that actions. Let us not talk about
:) days, but can you say summer (north part of the earth :-) or more
:) next winter?

I plan to make the next release once I have added the hi-v parallel
funcionality. No need to stick to the 6 month cycle. Mostly it's a
question of me finding the time. (There's a gdb release coming up and
I've been working that. Plus the day job, etc)

:) As I understood now, the parallel high-v programming is not on the
:) mainline but could be found in the branch, right?

Mostly correct. The hi-v stuff that you wrote is on the branch. My
work has taken a different approach and is currently only on my
harddrive at home.

:) The branch also contains your latest changes (new devices etc) ?

I merged the mainline to the branch this morning. So, yes.

Ted Roth