uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] STK500 compatiblity

From: Joakim Arfvidsson
Subject: [Uisp-dev] STK500 compatiblity
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:00:00 +0200

Hi!

I made an STK500/AVRISP compatible USB programmer ( http://www.e.kth.se/~joakimar/hardware.html )

The programming works fine for me, but I see some oddities in uisp which I want to mention to check if it's my fault or if it something that needs to be fixed in uisp.

This is with a page mode part (ATMega162):

- The progress bar visible at -v=2 does not update during transfer (upload or download). The whole of it arrives at once. (program IS several pages...) - While verifying against a file, all of the flash is downloaded. This isn't necessary, is it? - uisp does not use the address autoincrement feature of the STK500/AVRISP. This hurts performance a little.

Thanks a LOT for the -v=4 output - it was obviously immensely helpful in developing this programmer.

Joakim Arfvidsson