uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] downloading to atmega162

From: Owen S. Osborn
Subject: [Uisp-dev] downloading to atmega162
Date: 20 Sep 2004 16:21:57 EDT

   I've been using uisp in dapa mode with a home brew cable, and this method
has worked great with the atmega8 chip.  But while using this same method
with the atmega162, uisp indicates that the chip is not responding and might
be damaged.  (there is really no response as I probed the data out pin of the
microcontroller with scope, and it is low during entire process).  I have
double
checked the wiring, and tried 5 different atmega162 chips, but none respond
(i have also tried with and without external oscillator).
   The strange thing is that with the same wiring the atmega8 responds while
the 162 does not, and I can't find anyting in the datasheets indicating
additional connections are needed.  I've also tried avrdude, and the problem
is the same: atmega8 works, while atmega162 doesn't respond.
   Am I missing something here?, or could it be that all 5 chips I;ve tried are
dead?  any help is greatly appreciated....

thanks
Owen Osborn