uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] The many cables

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] The many cables
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:56:56 -0600

Margarita Manterola wrote:

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:20:32 -0700 (PDT), Theodore A. Roth
<address@hidden> wrote:

Could we have the description of each cable stored in a file, and read
the values into variables from that file, according to the type of
cable selected?

Avrdude already does something like that via a monster config file.
Are you talking about parsing a config file?
I'm not a a big fan of adding yet another config file to the user's
system.

Well not necessary a monster config file.  Maybe many different files,
one for each cable.  The idea was that one could add a new cable
without having to understand all the uisp code.

The size of the file, ideally, doesn't really matter. Moving uisp to parsing any config file is still a significant architecture change (I would think). And again, avrdude already does this.

Eric