uucp-general

Re: [Uucp-general] UUCP sessions from outside do not work

From: Hauke Fath
Subject: Re: [Uucp-general] UUCP sessions from outside do not work
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 13:22:24 +0100

At 19:34 Uhr +0100 13.01.2020, Jutta Wrage wrote:
>Hi!

Hi Jutta,

first mail on this list since 2014 -- I had wondered if I was still on the
subscriber list.

>I need some help on uucp after moving to a new server.

It always worked, to the point where you forgot the fine details, and now
it doesn't? Sounds familiar.

>The Problem: Sites trying to get their uucp spool get disconnected
>directly after "DEBUG: zget_uucp_cmd: Got " uucp Servername".
>
>The underlying SSH-Conection works and they get the login commands from
>UUCP server. Else The won't see above message anyway.
>
>I have compared all file permissions to taht from the old server. but
>looks like the only difference to the new server is the passwd entry for
>user uucp, showing "nologin" now.

If I may:

[hauke@pizza] ~ > finger uucp
Login: uucp                             Name: UNIX-to-UNIX Copy
Directory: /var/spool/uucppublic        Shell: /usr/pkg/sbin/uucico
Never logged in.
No Mail.
No Plan.
[hauke@pizza] ~ >

>Systen is debian based.
>
>Any idea what needs to be changed to get it running again?

Whatever was changed by the "upgrade" would be a good candidate.  ;)

You didn't provide your configuration, so that is as good as I can do.

Start with uucp's shell, maybe?

Cheerio,
hauke