viewmail-info

Re: tickets migrated to gitlab

From: Mark Diekhans
Subject: Re: tickets migrated to gitlab
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 19:13:17 -0700

John Stoffel <john@stoffel.org> writes:
> Ideally... but then we need to put some tags on our main branch as
> well, and there are none, at least not when I last looked a few days ago.

The tool that was least painful to use to migrate didn't migrate
tags.

If you can look in the bzr tree and find the corresponding git commits for
the tags you feel are important, happy to add them.

> So we already have some known issues, and I'm trying to cut down my
> .vm file to see if I can replicate it, but in general VM is a bit
> noiser in the status line, especially about:
>
>        Attributes updates on X messages

That looks broken, however, I am not seeing it.

Could this be the message you are seeing, which comes from vm-folder.el:
             (vm-warn 0 1 "%s: Attributes data upgraded for %s messages"
                      (buffer-name) (- vm-upgrade-count vm-bad-cache-count)))

>From quick look at the code, I *think* this has to do with update global
message attributes, stored a header in the first message.  These are the
header with X-VM

The cache headers are like:

and header mail has;

>From VM Fri Jul 12 14:43:25 2024
nil nil nil nil]
        ["816" "Friday" "12" "July" "2024" "14:39:25" "-0700" "Mark Diekhans"
"markd@ucsc.edu" "<26257.41613.59515.496749@gargle.gargle.HOWL>" "2" "test1
before " "^From:" nil nil "7" "2024071214:39:25" "test1 before" nil nil nil nil
nil "241586" "659954125" nil nil nil "test1 before " nil nil nil nil nil nil
nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil]
        nil)

that is about all I know.

You could use git bisect to try to find out where this broke.